Are you relocating?
If you decide to move elsewhere, you must notify the termination of the apartment rental agreement to the Félagsbústaðir service desk by e-mail, telephone or online chat. In general, there is a three-month notice period for renting, but we try our best to be flexible and accommodate tenants when returning apartments. Rent is paid for the month in which the keys are returned to the Félagsbústaðir office.
Formal return of apartments takes place at our office, where you fill out a return form with basic information, sign and hand us the keys to the apartment. Before returning the apartment, you need to:
- Empty the apartment completely and clean it.
- Announce the transfer of electricity meters to Veitur. If you need information on the number of the electricity meter that belongs to your apartment, you can call Veitur on tel. 516-6000, provide your ID number and have the meter number provided.
You can use three ways to report a move – in all cases, state that Félagsbústaðir owns the apartment and is taking over the electricity meter (ID no. 510497-2799):
- You can fill out a transfer notification and include a photo of the meter here.
- You can send a photo of the meter with your address, name and ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can call Veitur’s customer service on 516-6000 and notify about the transfer